Monday, February 25, 2013

WHERE?


When we had talked about the wedding we had wanted we definitely thought we would be having an outdoor wedding and knew it would be on his church grounds. BUT- in January you just never know what weather you are going to get and outside was no longer an option. His church was too small to hold our guest list, and I have attended his church since we started dating. Knowing his church was not an option we looked elsewhere. We only scheduled one ceremony venue appointment, knowing this was closest to our #1 reception place and very convenient.

This is where things get tricky.

Conrad loved it, I didn't.
I expected to love it and to just see things fall into place perfectly. Which they did anyways, just not my original plan.
The first thing I noticed when I walked in was two aisles, each one on the side of the middle pew. No middle aisle. CHAOS.
I seem to be the person who can't hide my feelings- thanks momma.
It was very obvious that I was not going to get married in this place the second I walked in. It just wasn't it for me. Along with that, I felt that the person the church assigned to do our wedding was not someone who related to Conrad and I and didn't feel like she would help make our day what we wanted, but that it would follow a more traditional feel. There were a few other things that I didn't like, but in the end I knew I wanted to walk down a middle aisle to my groom.

I spent some time on google and searched for many churches around the area that we could call and ask questions. (At this time we had decided on our reception location, so we knew somewhere close to it would be ideal.)

Questions We asked:

  • How many people can fit in the sanctuary?
  • Do you have a middle aisle?
  • Can anyone marry us in your church or does it have to be your pastor? (Obviously we wanted to be able to bring in our own person.)
  • Is counseling required through the church? (We are doing a kind of counseling, but since we are long distance we couldn't get married in a church that required so many weeks of counseling, and also didn't want to do it with someone we didn't know.)
  • What time can we get into the church the day of the wedding?
  • Is the space available the night before for rehearsal dinner?
  • How close together are the bridal suite and the place where the groom gets ready? We do not want to be able to run into each other before the ceremony!
Where we finally decided.. UP NEXT!







No comments:

Post a Comment