Thursday, February 7, 2013

People

Family.


I started off this blog talking about places that have my heart. Now I want to venture over to the living, breathing, wonderful people who have forever had my heart and always will.-- My beautiful family.

Daddy-
You are my rock. I sometimes wonder what my life would be like without you, and I know it would be so different because you have had an EVERLASTING effect on everything in my life. I am going to marry such an amazing guy and he is just like you. You have been the best role model and have challenged me to have such high standards for my future mate, and I have found that- because of you. You are my first love, and will always hold that place in my heart, a place no one can ever fill. You are everything I have ever needed in a daddy. Sometimes people say that what they think of God comes a lot from their father and you have started off my relationship with him on the perfect note. You never let me down and love me unconditionally, just as the Lord does. I love the passion you have about so many different things, and am so grateful that your passion is something I have acquired. Softball holds a lot of my passion, and I am thankful that we have sports to talk about and share pure joy in. I love the way you love my mommy. I love the way you love Bailey and I. I love the way you laugh so hard you can barely breathe. I love looking into the stands and seeing you, knowing you want the best for me. I love the way you listen and I love the help you offer to me. I just love you so much, for you, exactly how you are. So thank you, for making me cry writing this, but really for being the best dad I could have ever imagined and believing in me no matter what.

Mommy-
Wow. I don't even know where to start. The other day in class we had to write down someone we admire. It was the easiest question I have ever answered- YOU. You are my best friend in the whole world. I love you more than words can describe. I am so sorry for all the years that we fought so much, but am so thankful that we are beyond that now. I look at you and see someone that I want to become. Someone who enjoys life so much, someone who isn't afraid to be herself, someone who will speak her mind. Because of this we have grown so much closer. I can always rely on you for a honest opinion. I see the pain you go through with your headaches, pain that I can't imagine and I see you wake up on days without those and seize the day no matter what happened the day before. You make my heart smile and I hope that if ever faced with a challenge like you that I can handle it exactly as you have.  I love when we are both home and I come lay in bed and hang out with you in the mornings. I love waiting all day for you to get off work and going and grabbing a sonic drink. I love jamming with you in the car and singing. I love sitting with you and Aunt Sue in the garage and talking about anything and everything. I love that we share the sense of importance, that little things become huge topics and we can talk about them for hours. I couldn't imagine not having you with wedding planning, it has been such a joy. I love that you want to better yourself every day and you love your family more than life. I love you mommy.

Bailey-
I desire to become someone that you look up to. Someone that you know will always be here for you, to laugh, to cry, to talk, and to listen. I want to be the best big sister to you. I want us to understand each other, to love each other, and to share life with each other. Our friendship is one of the most important to me in the world. I look at Mom, Aunt Sue, and Aunt Sharon and I love watching them together. I want that to be us. I have enjoyed nothing more than seeing you succeed. I am so thankful that you loved cheer and watching you go through that process was so rewarding as your big sissy. I am so thankful that you love college and are making friendships that I know will last a lifetime. I love that you love your friends, that you would do anything for them. I love your weird cravings and that you always are needing a sweet tea. I love that we might be messy, but we don't care. I love looking at you and laughing without even having to say a word. I love that you can come to me about anything, and I hope that never stops. I love living life with you. Even 6 hours away I feel like we are closer than ever. I have loved watching you grow up and become a strong woman of God. Knowing I will get to hang out with you in Heaven makes my heart happy. I love you Bay, you are the best sister a girl could have. 

Patrick-
Bubby. I am so so thankful for you. Our family wouldn't be the same with out you. I love how content you are with life. I love that you know who you are and aren't afraid to share it. One thing I like about being older is being able to have talks with you at another level. When you call me at school it is such a great feeling. I love knowing you care and take the time out of your life to give me a call. I feel like we are on the same page about so many things in life. I feel like you understand me. I love laughing with you about such random things. I love making up nicknames for Bay with you. (sup BP)  I have loved seeing you on this journey to become a  Dad. I am so sad I won't be close to see you every day, but I know we will still stay in touch. You are going to be such a good Dad to Finley and she will be so lucky to have you. And in 15 years when she is giving you problems, give me a call and I can help you out. I am so thankful for our friendship and for the growth. I am so thankful that we are always here for each other. I love you brother.

Jenny-
New (but really not) Sissy. This is so funny to write, because you have been apart of my life for so long. I think back to my childhood and you were there, and that is so amazing. You and Patrick's relationship is so awesome and I love having you two to look up to. It is such a cool feeling to have someone who fits in with our weird and quirky family. I will never forget when you wrote me letters when I was younger. I loved receiving them in the mail. I loved that you loved Tinkerbell  and had that youth in your heart. You were always someone I looked up to and I loved that you loved me. I cannot believe it has been 12 years that you have been in Patrick and our lives. Seeing you becoming a Mommy is so awesome. I know that 2012 was hard for you, but God has such an amazing plan and I can't wait to see more of it happen. God wants you to be a mom- how freaking cool is that. I am so thankful to have another sissy, and so thankful that it is you! I love you Jenny.

Future family member  Finley Joy-
Tomorrow I will have a brand new baby niece! She is going to be the sweetest lil thang ever. I can't wait to teach her how to shake her booty! 


Well--- that was emotional. Does anyone have a Kleenex? :)

 I am BEYOND blessed with the family God has given me and just wanted to share how thankful I am for each of them. 






No comments:

Post a Comment