Wednesday, June 5, 2013

It's not about the $$$

Lately, Jesus has just been so on point with me. He always is, but I am actually listening, learning, and growing and that is so encouraging. 

This past weekend I had a talk with my dad about moving to Illinois and the concerns I have with our finances. I found myself asking 'Are we going to make it financially?' Monday morning I wake up to this lovely verse in my email. 


WOW.WOW. WOW. 
I mean just speechless. Jesus is incredible. I immediately prayed for forgiveness for such worldy feelings and not relying on him and I felt immediate relief. It's so nice to be reassured that Jesus has better plans for Conrad and I. I need to remember how much He has already done for us financially and how money is NOT everything. 

I then began to wonder- What does 'make it' really mean. I mean in terms of money and the world it means to me just being comfortable and being able to afford what we want. what WE want. which isn't always what Jesus wants. 

I have so much peace now knowing that even if we head to Illinois and what we have planned doesn't go right, Jesus has us there for a reason. Illinois is where the future Schottel's are being called to and that's where we will go. To do what? Follow Jesus. Where will we work? Wherever Jesus provides. Who doesn't wanna do that?!? It is going to be so fun- cuz His plan is the best. 

Jeremiah 29:11 

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Can't wait to see where His plan leads us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment