Thursday, December 12, 2013

Leaving a special place

4 and a half years ago I headed up to Des Moines, Iowa. I was ready to embark on a new adventure, and it's safe to say it was just that, a wonderful adventure. Now flash forward 4.5 years and I am back in Missouri- the place where I grew up, the place where my family lives, and the place where I fell in love. Missouri will always be a special place to me, but what I didn't realize was that Iowa had become such an important part of my journey. I took the time on my drive back to really think about how my life has changed since I had moved to Iowa 4.5 years ago and the list could go on and on. 
For starters, Iowa is the place where I fell into the biggest romance of my life. Life was hard and I knew there was more than what I could see, and venturing into a dark theatre I met people who had this insane JOY about them, because they knew Jesus. They loved Him and lived for Him and always wanted more. I am so so thankful I stumbled in that theatre alone one night because my life will never be the same. I fell in love with Jesus, my Father who will never leave me. He is a loving God who loves us, not for what we do, but for who we are. We can never earn His love, but He gives it freely to us. What a joy that college is where I came to know Him at such a deep level. 
Iowa is also where I finished my softball career and met some of the best friends I could have ever imagined. I cried as I hugged my friends, even knowing I would see them soon, I knew big changes were ahead. It is where I began my teaching education and gained the knowledge and confidence to become an amazing teacher. It's a place that will always hold a special place in my heart. 

So with Iowa in my rear view mirror and sweet memories tucked into my heart I am ready for this new journey that awaits. 

Samantha 

No comments:

Post a Comment